Cannabis Chocolate Drink
The very first, and arguably the most important, ingredient you will need in order to produce any of the marijuana-infused hot chocolate recipes that we are about to explain is cannamilk. This cannabis filled ingredient is easy to produce, but you’ll want to have enough on hand to make your hot cocoa. Cannabis Chocolate Drink
Cannamilk takes a few hours to prepare, but it does keep in the fridge for as long as your milk is fresh, meaning you could prepare a larger batch and have it ready for the next time you want to enjoy some cannabis hot cocoa. For those who don’t consume dairy or are vegan, it is possible to supplement the milk with a mixture of coconut milk and coconut cream that is full-fat.
How to Make Cannamilk Cannabis Chocolate Drink
In order to prepare a large enough batch of cannamilk, you’ll need to retrieve your ingredients:
- 1 liter of whole milk, full-fat milk, or coconut milk mixed with coconut cream (50/50 ratio)
- 25 grams of your best marijuana
- Medium to large saucepan
- Metal (steel) mixing bowl
- Whisk or stirring spoon
Once you’ve collected all of your ingredients, it’s time to get cooking!
- Place a few inches of water into your medium or large saucepan on medium heat, bringing the H2O to a gentle boil.
- Pour your milk or coconut alternative into the steel mixing bowl and then add in the 25 grams of cannabis bud. Using your whisk, stir the ingredients together for about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the pot with water to low heat, allowing it to simmer. Place the steel bowl with its contents into the saucepan so that the bottom of the bowl touches the water. This produces a double boiling effect, which keeps your milk at a stabilized temperature and prevents it from curdling.
- Be sure to keep your heat at a low temperature. This slow cooks the milk and cannabis, which prevents the dairy and the THC from being destroyed. Stir every 10-15 minutes with your whisk or mixing spoon to help keep the mixture emulsified. Keep the water underneath the bowl at a simmer at all times and never a full boil. Cannabis Chocolate Drink
- Keep the cannamilk mixture cooking at low heat anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending upon the potency and strength you desire. The closer to 3 hours you simmer the mixture, the more potent your cannamilk will become. Do not cook the mixture for more than 3 hours, however. Keep your stove top at low heat for the entire duration.
- Once you feel it’s ready, turn off the heat and strain the mixture through a cheesecloth in order to remove excess leaves and buds. Store your fresh cannamilk in the fridge always for future use.